Fight Poverty with Passion!!
What is an AmeriCorps VISTA?
VISTAs are Volunteers in Service to America! AmeriCorps VISTAs dedicate a year of their lives to creating solutions to poverty in America while gaining valuable work experience. They work on indirect, capacity building initiatives in their community.
BENEFITS OF SERVICE:
- Modest living allowance
- End of service education award ($6,095) or cash stipend ($1,800)
- Professional development opportunities and training
- Qualified loans placed into forbearance
- Valuable work experience
SKILLS WE LOOK FOR:
MUSTS: Team work, Lived Experience, Passion
PREFERRED: Community Organization, Writing, Computer Programs and Software, Social Media, Strong Communication, Spanish (preferred not required)
- Office setting/attire 9am-5pm
- Collaboration with multiple partner entities
- Trouble shooting
- Various projects, may or may not include: fundraising, event planning, volunteer recruiting and training, advocating, marketing, website design, research, presentation skills
Share this Post
Get in touch with us to help bring food security to the Dayton-Montgomery County area.