AmeriCorps VISTA – Food Equity Associate
In 2016, Dayton, OH was ranked the 2nd worst city in the United States for food hardship in households with children. At the Hall Hunger Initiative, we’re working to build a sustainable and just community food system in the Miami Valley that provides good food for all. We believe that in order for our communities to thrive, everyone must have access to healthy, fresh, affordable, and culturally appropriate food. In all aspects of our work, we seek to address hunger that exists today, and work in solidarity with those most affected by food inequity to support sustainable solutions for tomorrow.
- Develop a communications strategy and strengthen organizational partnerships to build greater momentum and visibility for our work.
- Build capacity for the development of Gem City Market, a community and worker-owned full-service grocery store opening in a food desert.
- Support the creation of a values-based and community-oriented food system plan for Montgomery County.
Benefits of Service:
- Modest living allowance
- End of service education award ($5,920) or cash stipend ($1,800)
- Transportation/Grocery support
- Childcare benefit
- Healthcare benefit
- Professional development opportunities and training
- Qualified loans placed into forbearance
- Valuable work experience
- Opportunity to have a real impact on the Dayton community
Year of Service: June 22, 2018 – June 21, 2019
For more information, please contact Etana Jacobi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due: April 13, 2018